Schneider Electric announces significant enhancements to EcoStruxure™ Power platform, to offer customers the best-in-class digital-electrical distribution system
Barcelona, Spain, , Oct 2, 2019, by Schneider Electric Global
- Third-generation EcoStruxure Power platform leverages digital technologies to deliver enhanced efficiency, reliability and safety for power distribution
- This evolution builds on EcoStruxure Power’s robust, open, and intuitive architecture with powerful new tools that enable companies to move seamlessly into the digital space
Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced a significant evolution in its EcoStruxure Power architecture and platform, with the launch of its third-generation offering.
First announced in 2016, EcoStruxure Power is an IoT-enabled platform that digitizes and simplifies low and medium-voltage electrical distribution systems. It provides actionable data to aid the decisions that help protect people, safeguard assets, maximize operational efficiency and business continuity, and maintain regulatory compliance.
This major new update builds on the existing set of digital applications that EcoStruxure Power delivers, with innovative enhancements that offer increased safety, efficiency, and reliability in power distribution.
Leveraging the power of digitization for electrical distribution
“EcoStruxure Power was originally conceived in response to our customers’ requirements and expectations for a fully digitized power distribution system,” said Philippe Delorme, Executive Vice President, Energy Management Business, Schneider Electric. “This latest evolution demonstrates our ongoing commitment to providing these customers with the most robust digital ecosystem on the market, and one that takes power distribution efficiency, reliability and safety to the next level.”
EcoStruxure Power - new customer benefits at a glance
Continuous Thermal Monitoring reduces the risk of electrical fires by signaling early detection of faulty connections and abnormal temperature rises within installations. What’s more, by reducing or eliminating the need for periodic thermographic inspections, total cost of ownership can be reduced by up to 60 percent throughout the lifecycle compared to traditional methods. Available for low-voltage as well as medium-voltage systems for comprehensive coverage of the power distribution infrastructure.
Active Arc Flash Protection is augmented with Easergy protection relays that have been updated with a built-in arc flash protection function and offer seamless integration into our edge control software EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert and EcoStruxure Power SCADA Operation. This is beneficial to maintenance operators who are responsible for keeping the risks associated with electrical safety / arc flashes to an absolute minimum.
With the Energy Performance application, it is already possible to integrate Power Monitoring Expert with SCADA systems for optimized supervisory energy management. Now, however, we are harnessing the capabilities of EcoStruxure Power by partnering with world leading engineering technology providers, AVEVA. As part of this partnership, we are integrating Power Monitoring Expert with AVEVA’s industrial software - Wonderware, so now facility managers can access important KPI data based on energy consumption activity to compare, benchmark and analyze energy data usage per process application. This makes it an ideal tool for sectors like automotive and consumer packaged goods.
PowerLogic™ PowerTag® is a robust energy monitoring system that provides complete visibility into how power is distributed by your electrical panels. The energy sensors fit directly onto the circuit breaker – wireless, self-powered, no tools required. Collecting information from every circuit means always knowing which loads are using the most energy, which enhances energy and operational efficiency.
Easergy P5 protection relays, Easergy T300 remote terminal units, and the Enerlin'X IFE switchboard server have all been reinforced, in line with Schneider Electric’s stringent cybersecurity strategy, and in accordance with the established ISA/IEC 62443 global standard for the security of Industrial Control System networks.
The new EcoStruxure Cybersecurity Admin Expert is a comprehensive and intuitive cybersecurity configuration and policy tool for operational technology environments that enables system-wide cybersecurity policy management.
EcoStruxure Power - software and services highlights
- EcoStruxure Microgrid Operation and EcoStruxure Microgrid Advisor are scalable, predictive software applications that take real-time control of distributed energy resources in order to better manage these resources and to bolster resilience when faced with unpredictable grid conditions. What’s more, these solutions propose operational scenarios and forecasts based on predictive algorithms, designed to optimize system reliability, energy efficiency and sustainability.
- EcoStruxure Asset Advisor is a cloud-based digital service that evaluates live data from critical, connected electrical distribution assets and applies advanced analytics to identify potential threats. The Predictive service helps to manage asset performance and safety through predictive analytics. The newly launched Preventive service helps to anticipate maintenance and to manage the day to day operations through smart alarming. Achieve financial efficiency and secure operational excellence by minimizing unplanned shutdown, monitoring energy consumption, and optimizing maintenance budget.
- EcoStruxure Power Advisor is an analytics-based suite of services for power management systems that optimizes network reliability and increases the operational efficiency of services teams by finding and prioritizing electrical network and data quality issues anywhere in the power distribution system. By sending automated, expert recommendations, facility teams can shift from non-productive hours to high-value work via two core categories of analytics. Data Quality analytics provide insights and recommendations that establish a trustworthy data foundation and facilitate ongoing electrical network health. Electrical Network analytics detail system and trend summaries that identify weaknesses and propose mitigation solutions to prevent a detrimental impact on operations.
EcoStruxure™ is our open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture and platform. EcoStruxure delivers enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and connectivity for our customers. EcoStruxure leverages advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics, and cybersecurity to deliver Innovation at Every Level. This includes Connected Products, Edge Control, and Apps, Analytics & Services which are supported by Customer Lifecycle Software. EcoStruxure™ has been deployed in almost 500,000 sites with the support of 20,000+ developers, 650,000 service providers and partners, 3,000 utilities and connects over 2 million assets under management.
From energy and sustainability consulting to optimizing the life cycle of your operational systems, we have world-wide services to meet your business needs. As a customer-centric organization, Schneider Electric is your trusted advisor to help increase asset reliability, improve total cost of ownership and drive your enterprise’s digital transformation towards sustainability, efficiency and safety.
Your PR Contact
Global PR Manager, Schneider Electric
- +33 1 41 29 81 84